Have you been considering giving your bathroom space a new and refreshing makeover? Are you wondering how to prepare for that major remodeling endeavor?
Revamping your bathroom feels exciting. But before you plan your dream bathroom, make sure you know what you are getting into. There are a lot of things you need to consider while planning bathroom remodeling. No worries, our comprehensive list will help you kickstart your plan. Let’s get started –
What Do You Want to Achieve By Bathroom Remodeling?
The best part about bathroom remodeling is that you can get it done whenever you want. However, before you get going with the bathroom design that is in your mind, contemplate why you want to change your bathroom in the first place.
Do you want to change all the fixtures or aim to add a jacuzzi for that spa-like comfort? Is the overhead shower in the wrong place, or doesn’t the tiles add to the bathroom look?
The best way to know what you want to achieve in bathroom renovation is by making a list. Take note of things you want to change or add to your present bathroom. For instance, start by considering if you need to get the walls repainted or replace the old fixtures with modern ones. This will give you the right direction and save you from spending money on pointless additions.
Things To Consider While Remodeling Your Bathroom
Now that you are sure about what you want to achieve let’s look at things you need to consider to start with the renovation project.
- Remodeling Plan: Having a design on paper is essential when getting into any cost-intensive home-remodeling project. With a proper plan in place, you will know where to start the work, whether to hire a professional bathroom remodeling contractor or to take the DIY route. Most importantly, having a design plan will help you decide on how much budget to allot.
- Budget: Let’s face the big elephant in the room—the cost. The best way to make sure you do not go over budget is to know how much you can spend and not how much it will cost.
You already know what you want. Based on your list, you can estimate the cost. In case you have no idea about the costs related to bathroom remodeling, contact any remodeling contractor in Charleston, SC. Many of them provide free quotes.
The research will give you a rough idea of how much budget you would need to fix for the project. Also, having a fixed budget leaves no room for surprises.
- Users: A major part of your bathroom renovation will depend on its users. The bathroom requirements for a couple are much different than for a family with kids. Thus, it’s essential to contemplate who will be using the bathroom.
Before giving a call to the Bathroom remodeling contractor, speak to your family members or those who would be using the space. Discuss what fixtures you want in your bathroom. You can always ask your family members what their requirements are. If you have kids of different ages, you need the bathroom to be child-friendly. Especially if you have a toddler in the house, you need to consider baby proofing your bathroom. However, if you are a couple who really love soaking in the bathtub, your requirements would be different.
Make sure you consider every individual’s requirements and plan the renovation according to those needs.
- Aesthetics: We want bathroom spaces to resonate with our personalities. Hence, aesthetics is something that should be on your priority list. Since the bathroom takes up so little space, every element contributes to its design. After all, you do not want your bathroom to look anything but cozy and warm. You can consider several color combinations for the walls and flooring or check out what kind of bathroom fixture looks good.
You can either sketch the interior of the bathroom on your own or rely on a professional bathroom contractor for consultation. They will provide you with the most accurate information about the aesthetics of your bathroom. It’s also recommended to explore some bathroom design layouts online to get a trendy bathroom space designed.
- Hire a Bathroom Renovation Specialist: You can DIY your bathroom, but if you want to make sure your investment bears the desired result, the best thing is to hire a bathroom remodeling contractor in Charleston, SC. Experienced contractors already know all the hows and whats of bathroom remodeling. All you need to do is tell them your requirements and budget. Moreover, seeking professional help will save you time and money.
Design for the Future
Are you going to stay in your current property for the rest of your life? Or are you looking to sell it in the coming future? If you are planning to sell your house, you would want the bathroom renovation to add to the property’s price. However, if you plan to stay in the house, your bathroom should resonate with your style and perfect to meet your needs.
If you follow the things mentioned in this list, you can be sure of achieving your dream bathroom. Remember, the bathroom is your personal place. You want it to be a comfortable and cozy space. So, take your time to look for professional contractors.
At Citadel Enterprises Inc, we are a team of professional bathroom renovators and home-remodelers trusted by homeowners since 1991. You can rely on our bathroom remodeling services to give your bathroom a perfect makeover at affordable prices.
To consult our experts or get a free quote, call at 843.884.4303 or visit here.